How do you inspire healthy living in your family?
At our #HealthilyEverAfter Twitter conversation mums and dads shared how you get your families active and eating well, with the new Disney Healthy Living site as inspiration.
This Twitter conversation and prize draw was sponsored by Disney, which is inspiring life-long healthier behaviours in families through story-telling, imagination, fun and play.
How do you encourage your family to eat their breakfast?
1. Provide choice for breakfast instead of the same thing each day @FoxVillageFox
2. My snow princesses have always been told healthy breakfast = healthy brain! @LSullySullivan
3. My son has a bowl with his favourite character on the bottom so he eats his breakfast to find the picture @Tantrums2Smiles
4. My son helps prepare his own breakfast, making his own choices and cooking if need @mymummysworld
5. We make loads of smoothies. They love adding spinach but would never eat it with dinner @lucyrobinson3
How do you get their 5 a day and make them love their veggies?
6. We have a chart https://t.co/epGTVRGUdF @Tiffffx
7. We?ve found ?Elsa eats her veg / brushes her teeth / doesn?t use a dummy? works wonders! @craftsonsea
8. We have eaten our way through the alphabet https://t.co/g1gIotSxFz @Mum_TheMadhouse
9. My son thinks runner beans help him run faster, carrots see in the dark and beans help him jump lol @Tantrums2Smiles
10. I think variety is key (the same meals gets boring) and making food fun! https://t.co/6kNkPaRKCF @EmmaGarratt85
11. Pizzas are always a winner! Great opportunity to add veggies to make ?faces? etc. https://t.co/b9RZo9PUrE @missielizzieb
12. I try to encourage smoothies and then dips with veg sticks for extras @spicers1976
13. Stir-fry is a good way to help with their 5 a day. (could even add slices of fruit) @WendyJeanJones
14. The veg has super powers, they are magic vegetables. My toddlers can?t get enough strength/vision/beauty @melmel2801
15. My son does his own shopping list with vegetables and fruit that?ll help him be healthier for football @maryh1980
16. My baby loves spiced vegetable soup and eating with her papa ? best way to get lots of veggies in her @Spixiepixie15
17. My youngest eats anything. Eldest I use this plate to make it a game https://t.co/e7WuUQqQ9B @LoopyLouVix
How do you inspire kids to get active?
18. We are looking forward to some mountain climbing next week in Wales. She loves a challenge! https://t.co/dmD0dATm8B @missielizzieb
19. Jumping in puddles is great, take some healthy snacks and just enjoy @emmaand3 https://t.co/aUB60lziFR
20. So many lovely places in UK to explore. This is Aysgarth falls https://t.co/D9wngHW1b3 @ikkle87
21. We never have a day without a dance break! It is fun being active! https://t.co/wFxU7T4IZ3 @middsara
What gets your family excited about playing outside and how do you encourage them to be active?
22. Mine aren?t at the stage to play together yet. However we go on walks together and have races @mymummysworld
23. Encourage kids to try lots of sports until they find one they love @Emand3
24. Match minutes outside being active to how much screen time they can have @East_Devon_Mum
25. My children used to enjoy dancing to Mickey Mouse club house @Mummypig1983
26. My girls argue heaps at home, but love being outdoors together @KirstyGreer https://t.co/xwgWxzAeb6 @KirstyGreer
Favourite characters that inspire good habits
27. We made Winnie the Pooh out of fruit! Great fun and healthy! @The_Doves
28. Apparently he was like Cinderella here, where she feeds the chickens https://t.co/GGzI7rXRVc @LoopyLouVix
29. My son adores Winnie the Pooh he met him at Disney https://t.co/IWckgKMDSe @maryh1980
30. Here is my Elsa, having a run round our local park! https://t.co/Xt0w5AVSjH @Emaand3
31. My son dresses as Buzz and runs around ?flying? because imagination has no limits! https://t.co/7Wqqo1SDbS @LoopyLouVix
32. My little Marley loves running round dressed as Elsa turning her house into ice! @dannclann
The last word
33. My 4 little ones swim every week and when they?re not too keen, we sing Dory? ?just keep swimming? @LeCoindeMel
BritMums is the UK’s largest parent blogger collective. We offer bloggers the latest support, advice and how-tos as well as feature great content on food, travel, relationships, health, charities, crafting and much more. Our social network is free to join and helps bloggers connect with others; our BritMums Pro programme connects bloggers with brands on our high-quality projects and our annual conference, BritMums Live, is the blogging event of the year.