Valtteri Bottas says he braked ?too early? in the first-lap collision at the Spanish Grand Prix which left two other drivers out of the race.
Bottas tangled with Kimi Raikkonen in turn one at the Circuit de Catalunya which knocked the Ferrari into Max Verstappen?s Red Bull. Bottas was able to continue but the other two retired from the race with damaged sustained in the contact.
Monaco Grand Prix build-up in pictures?I definitely could have done a better job,? said Bottas in Monaco.
?The braking point for turn one I kind of lost the reference being so close to Sebastian [Vettel]. So I wasn?t reading correctly the situation so I initially braked too early, released the brakes and that created opportunity for Kimi outside to try and come there.?
?Then I just ran out of space inside really. It was quite unfortunate, three cars side-by-side, it can be tight.?
Bottas says he still considered the collision a ?racing incident? but said he ?definitely could have braked later.?
?That happens, but the race wasn?t decided for me there but obviously for them it was.?
Bottas retired later with a power unit failure. Mercedes executive director Toto Wolff said the fault which ended his driver?s race was one they hadn?t previously experienced.
?It was painful to lose 15 valuable points with Valtteri retiring from third,? he said. ?We?ve identified the root cause of the problem, which was the turbo.?
?We haven?t seen that defect before, which shows you that you need to be double diligent. This is a technical sport and if you stretch your limits, you?ll encounter technical problems.?
2017 Spanish Grand Prix
Browse all Spanish Grand Prix articles
- Two rule changes F1 could make to stop Verstappen?s ?dangerous? moves | 2016 Belgian Grand Prix Let?s be clear about this point: Max Verstappen?s defensive move against Kimi […]
- Hamilton leads close first session in Monaco | 2017 Monaco Grand Prix first practice Lewis Hamilton lapped quicker than last year?s pole position time in first […]
- F1?s unwanted race? Six Azerbaijan Grand Prix talking points | 2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix Bakue?s race has been re-dubbed the Azerbaijan Grand Prix but do F1?s new […]
- 2015 mid-season F1 driver rankings part two: 12-6 | Driver Rankings Fernando Alonso, Nico Rosberg and Max Verstappen feature in part two of the […]
- Webber makes new claim of Vettel favouritism | F1 Fanatic Round-up In the round-up: Mark Webber reveals there was another instance of Sebastian […]
- 10 Metal Albums That Shouldn’t Have Been Great (But Totally Were)
Sometimes you see a band announce a new album that will be hitting shelves soon and secretly, in the depths of your mind, there’s a tiny voice nagging at you, saying “It’ll be terrible, you know that, right?” Whether it’s because of very public in-fighting in the band, a recent change in line-up, the success (or lack thereof) of the last record, or some combination of the three, sometimes metal […]
- The Walking Dead: 10 Best Deaths So Far Anyone who has ever watched The Walking Dead knows that death occurs as often […]
- How seriously should you treat your blog stats? Oooh, this is dangerous statement! Are you part of the vanguard that probably […]
- Between The Chasm And The Quake: Putrefaction By Adam Smith on June 12th, 2015 at 6:00 pm. Share this: Facebook Twitter […]
- 8 Rock & Metal Bands That Drastically Switched Genres A band?s genre is a huge part of their artistic identity. It can define not […]
- Horizon Zero Dawn Explained: What Does The Ending Really Mean? Sony What an outstanding year for games 2017 has been, almost as though every […]
- Live: 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix first practice
F1 Fanatic Live
F1 Fanatic Live Follow the 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix first practice session on F1 Fanatic Live. F1 Fanatic Live combines updates from the teams and drivers in real-time via Twitter with comments from F1 Fanatic readers and more. Launch F1 Fanatic Live: 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix first practice 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix Browse all 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix articles Share this page with your friends: Read more: 2015 F1 season […]
- Live: WEC 2016 round 1: Six Hours of Silverstone | F1 Fanatic Live Join F1 Fanatic Live as we follow round 1 of the 2016 World Endurance […]
- Live: WEC 2016 round 5: Six Hours of Mexico | F1 Fanatic Live Join F1 Fanatic Live as we follow round 5 of the 2016 World Endurance […]
- Live: 2016 Monaco Grand Prix | F1 Fanatic Live Follow the 2016 Monaco Grand Prix on F1 Fanatic Live. F1 Fanatic Live combines […]
- Live: 2015 WEC Six Hours of the Nurburgring | F1 Fanatic Live F1 Fanatic Live Follow the fourth round of the 2015 World Endurance […]
- Williams still off the pace in wet conditions ? Massa | 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix Williams are still at a disadvantage in wet […]
- Monza ?closing on new seven-year F1 deal?
F1 Fanatic Round-up
In the round-up: Monza could be about to extend its deal to host the Italian Grand Prix. On this day in F1 Happy birthday to Eddie Cheever ? the last American F1 driver to stand on the podium at his home race ? who is 58 today. … read the report Ferrari tipped to finally abandon pull-rod suspension | F1 Fanatic Round-up In the round-up: Ferrari is expected to follow […]
- Ferrari tipped to finally abandon pull-rod suspension | F1 Fanatic Round-up In the round-up: Ferrari is expected to follow the rest of the F1 field in […]
- Grosjean ?waited a year and a half? for brakes fix | F1 Fanatic Round-up In the round-up: Romain Grosjean says it took a year and a half food his […]
- Haryanto?s F1 debut with Manor at risk over funds | F1 Fanatic Round-up In the round-up: Rio Haryanto?s family is hoping for positive news from Manor […]
- 2016 Italian Grand Prix track preview | 2016 Italian Grand Prix Formula One plans to introduce an extreme new generation of cars in 2017. But […]
- F1 urged to delay 2017 changes by a year | F1 Fanatic Round-up In the round-up: Williams technical chief Pat Symonds argues for F1?s […]
- Easter Egg Roll Activity
- Easter Corner Bookmark Designs & More Easter Corner Bookmark Designs & More - Red Ted Art's […]
- Summer Bookmarks ? Corner Bookmark Designs Summer Bookmarks - Corner Bookmark Designs - Red Ted Art's […]
- How to Finger Knit a Beanie Hat DIY How to Finger Knit a Beanie Hat DIY - Red Ted Art's […]
- Safari Animal Bookmarks Safari Animal Bookmarks - Red Ted Art's […]
- DIY Shape Bubble Wands with Cookie Cutters DIY Shape Bubble Wands with Cookie Cutters - Red Ted Art's […]
- 10 Foods That Will Improve Your Sex Life
Let?s talk about sex baby, let?s talk about strawberries and cream? Cosmopolitan As the late, great Salt-N-Pepa once sang, let?s talk about sex, baby. Let?s talk about you and however many people, of whatever gender or sexual orientation, you might be sharing a bed with, because aren?t the radical possibilities of pleasure amazing? Let?s talk about all the good things and the bad things that may be. Shagging, bumping uglies, […]
- June Health Round-up: Acne and hair dye Welcome back to the Health Round-up, I took a break last month due to general […]
- 12 Things Hollywood Always Gets Wrong About Sex These days, most audiences are smart enough to realize that 90 percent of what […]
- The busy mum?s guide to working out This is a sponsored post. Nadine Hill, blogger at JuggleMum and BritMums? Blog […]
- Newbies Round-up: New year, same awesome talent About Aby Moore Aby Moore is a mum of one feisty little girl and blogs over at […]
- #BepanthenTips: Share your top parenting tips ? especially for baby bedtime! Protecting and caring for little ones can bring about some challenges ? […]
- LFF interview: Bella Thorne on The DUFF, the new Amityville, and the Scream TV show
You might know teen up-and-comer Bella Thorne from Sandler/Barrymore vehicle Blended, Shake it Up! or Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. In her new movie The DUFF she stars as high school baddie Madison, nemesis of Bianca (Mae Whitman ? Scott Pilgrim vs. the World). The DUFF is a hilarious and unique look at high school hierarchy, based on the best-selling novel by Kody Keplinger and […]
- Suffragette gets a new trailer SUFFRAGETTE is an intense drama that tracks the story of the foot soldiers […]
- There is a Borderlands movie in the works Lionsgate is teaming with the publisher and creators of Borderlands, and […]
- Captain Marvel Director Shortlist Has Been Revealed Boss Logic Marvel are finally edging closer to announcing a director for the […]
- Ricky Gervais: 5 Awesome Performances And 5 That Sucked Entertainment One Ricky Gervais can come across a little marmite as a […]
- The Gallows ? New featurette gives us the Director?s story Jason Blum introduces Travis Cluff and Chris Lofing to audiences as they […]
- A Collaboration founded in ancient roots for a Modern traveller – Gieves & Hawkes X Orlebar Brown
In what has to be one of the most hotly anticipated collaborations for this season, we see Savile Row alnumi Gieves & Hawkes work with its Sackville Street neighbour Orlebar Brown. These two menswear colossi have drawn inspiration for their partnership from the pre-eminent Scottish explorer David Livingstone, yes, as in Dr Livingstone, I presume, Orlebar Brown has reimagined his meticulous hand-drawn maps onto a range of utilitarian clothing in an invigorating […]
- Hare today – M&S & Kestin Hare M&S &? is the latest initiative from the truly British retail giant. […]
- Watch Michael Shannon in The Harvest trailer In his first film in nearly 15 years, John McNaughton (Henry: Portrait of a […]
- Here Comes Summer ? Tumi X Orlebar Brown This Summer two bastion brands of the Sunny, warm Months have come together […]
- Watch Bob Odenkirk and David Cross in new trailer for W/ Bob & David Bob Odenkirk and David Cross have reunited for Netflix and are bringing us a […]
- Preview of the Best of the High Street for Spring 2015 Spring has sprung, finally, or at least that?s what the Great British High […]
- 6 of the best ? Sunglasses Brands You Might Not Know
Words by Charlie Britton Sunglasses are most definitely a seasonless accessory and here at Clothes Make The Man, we?re certain the warmer weather is a perfect excuse to update your eyewear armoury. From New York designers to Italian craftsmen, we?ve picked out 6 of the best design led, forward thinking sunglasses brands and ranges that should be on your essentials list this summer. Forget the norm and put down those Wayfarers gents, […]
- 6 OF THE BEST ? ALTERNATIVE SUNGLASSES FOR SUMMER Words by: Keanu Adorable It?s suns out and shades out season, as we approach […]
- Want to invest in a little piece of history ? Vestiairecollective.com X Belstaff Vestiaire Collective may not necessarily be a website you are that familiar […]
- Ask the Experts ? Get your Game Face on for 2015 ? The Brotique Aside from getting your 5 a day, drinking plenty of water and getting enough […]
- Menswear to Serve ? Sports Inspired Collections WORDS BY CHARLIE BRITTON The fashion industry has seen quite the rise in […]
- Thom Browne’s School Days – Thom Browne & The Woolmark Company [embedded content] American designer Thom Browne has been building up quite […]
- Coolest stores in London
WORDS BY MIA RILEY London is classed as one of the Fashion Capitals of the world. One of the best things for me about living in this capital city is the stores (although I would argue my bank account begs to differ). Having such an esteemed title means that London has some of the best stores in the world, so whether you live in London or planning a visit here […]
- 10 WWE Superstars You Didn?t Know Had World Title Matches The machine is behind Roman, isn?t it? He?s being shoved down our throats. […]
- 12 Friends Actors Who Are No Longer With Us Paying tribute to those no longer there for us. NBC There?s going to be a […]
- Boys in the Hood-ies ? Quemondo Once considered just sportswear, hooded tops can now be found in the chicest […]
- Adidas Stan Smith ? A Fine Bromance WORDS BY MIA RILEY Stan The Man Arguably, Stan Smith trainers are one of the […]
- Carven out quite an impression ? Carven Fragrances Vetiver is a plant with multiple roots anchored deep in the ground. They […]
- Fuel upgrades helping McLaren and Honda catch up
2016 F1 season
Although Fernando Alonso?s violent accident destroyed McLaren?s best chances in the Australian Grand Prix, the team has already made a clear step forward from its disastrous 2015 campaign. Both MP4-31s made it through the first phase of qualifying and Alonso was in the hunt for a points-scoring finish when his race ended following contact with Esteban Gutierrez. There was also a clear improvement in straight-line speed as well. Having been […]
- Alonso takes new power unit after crash | 2016 Bahrain Grand Prix Fernando Alonso will start the second race of 2016 with a completely new Honda […]
- Red Bull to have chassis and engine upgrades at Melbourne | 2017 F1 season Daniel Ricciardo has confirmed Red Bull will have an upgraded chassis and […]
- 2016 Belgian Grand Prix driver ratings | 2016 Belgian Grand Prix Nico Rosberg won the Belgian Grand Prix but it was a race which saw some […]
- Judge Verstappen and Sainz after second season ? Key | F1 Fanatic Round-up In the round-up: Toro Rosso designer James Key says it will be more useful to […]
- Bottas ends 2,000-day wait for victory | 2017 Russian Grand Prix stats and facts Valtteri Bottas had been waiting over 2,000 days for a victory when he took […]