Valtteri Bottas says he braked ?too early? in the first-lap collision at the Spanish Grand Prix which left two other drivers out of the race.
Bottas tangled with Kimi Raikkonen in turn one at the Circuit de Catalunya which knocked the Ferrari into Max Verstappen?s Red Bull. Bottas was able to continue but the other two retired from the race with damaged sustained in the contact.
Monaco Grand Prix build-up in pictures?I definitely could have done a better job,? said Bottas in Monaco.
?The braking point for turn one I kind of lost the reference being so close to Sebastian [Vettel]. So I wasn?t reading correctly the situation so I initially braked too early, released the brakes and that created opportunity for Kimi outside to try and come there.?
?Then I just ran out of space inside really. It was quite unfortunate, three cars side-by-side, it can be tight.?
Bottas says he still considered the collision a ?racing incident? but said he ?definitely could have braked later.?
?That happens, but the race wasn?t decided for me there but obviously for them it was.?
Bottas retired later with a power unit failure. Mercedes executive director Toto Wolff said the fault which ended his driver?s race was one they hadn?t previously experienced.
?It was painful to lose 15 valuable points with Valtteri retiring from third,? he said. ?We?ve identified the root cause of the problem, which was the turbo.?
?We haven?t seen that defect before, which shows you that you need to be double diligent. This is a technical sport and if you stretch your limits, you?ll encounter technical problems.?
2017 Spanish Grand Prix
Browse all Spanish Grand Prix articles
- Two rule changes F1 could make to stop Verstappen?s ?dangerous? moves | 2016 Belgian Grand Prix Let?s be clear about this point: Max Verstappen?s defensive move against Kimi […]
- Hamilton leads close first session in Monaco | 2017 Monaco Grand Prix first practice Lewis Hamilton lapped quicker than last year?s pole position time in first […]
- F1?s unwanted race? Six Azerbaijan Grand Prix talking points | 2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix Bakue?s race has been re-dubbed the Azerbaijan Grand Prix but do F1?s new […]
- 2015 mid-season F1 driver rankings part two: 12-6 | Driver Rankings Fernando Alonso, Nico Rosberg and Max Verstappen feature in part two of the […]
- Webber makes new claim of Vettel favouritism | F1 Fanatic Round-up In the round-up: Mark Webber reveals there was another instance of Sebastian […]
- The Best of LC:M -Textual Conversation
As you loyal and ardent followers of our musings will know every season, at LC:M time we profile a different designer/brand/consortium. However, we like to keep you on your toes and mix things up, so this season rather than concentrate on profiling one, we thought stuff it ! Let?s catch up with TEN of, not only, the best that LC:M have to offer but also leading lights in the menswear […]
- The Evolution of the Modern Lounge Suit ? The Commuter suit by Skopes The modern suit, or lounge suit, as we know it today has come along way since […]
- 10 Incredible What-Ifs That Could Have Changed The Course Of History What if Hitler had died on the battlefields of World War I? ?What ifs? are […]
- Julie Creffield speaking at BritMums Live 2016 A big part of attending BritMums Live is coming away inspired. At #BML16 ? […]
- May Positively Inspirational Round-up ? 5 Big Life Lessons Good day friends, I hope you are well and enjoying the change in the weather. […]
- I Saw The Light gets a new trailer I Saw The Light is the new film that tells the story of the legendary country […]
- Welcome aboard, Aby!
BritMums has a new social media manager! Aby Moore, a.k.a. You Baby Me Mummy, is a pro blogger and all round nice gal who has joined the team to look after the social content. She started blogging just over 3 years ago and is now a full-time blogger and social media maven who is also launching her own productivity course next week ? to help bloggers get more done! Aby has been […]
- Newbies Round-up: New year, same awesome talent About Aby Moore Aby Moore is a mum of one feisty little girl and blogs over at […]
- #HealthilyEverAfter: How to encourage outside play Can you Swim Like Nemo or be Brave like Merida? Photo courtesy of Mini […]
- Instagram Round-up: How to use Instagram for sponsored work Photo credit: tulpahn, Shutterstock As bloggers, we have our fingers in […]
- Feel the fear and do it anyway At the weekend, I did something that I found really scary. I am the Queen of […]
- BritMums Live 2015: Turning Pitches Into Profit Would you like to win paid work with your favourite brands? Wouldn?t you love […]
- Mercedes made to work for one-two despite Ferrari slip-up
2016 Australian Grand Prix review
A popular view on Ferrari?s chances in the first race of the season was that the Australian Grand Prix had come a bit too early for them. The SF16-H is more of a departure from its predecessor than many other cars on the grid. The team hasn?t fully realised its potential and had covered much less ground with it in testing than Mercedes, whose W07 already had over 6,000 kilometres […]
- Vettel and Ferrari rediscover their winning ways | 2015 F1 season review Ferrari team stats 2015 Best race result (number) 1 (3) Best grid position […]
- Mercedes strong but Vettel has ?best Friday? at Ferrari | 2015 Australian Grand Prix Friday practice analysis The ominous news for Mercedes? rivals at the end of the first day of official […]
- Williams still off the pace in wet conditions ? Massa | 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix Williams are still at a disadvantage in wet […]
- Bottas admits braking ?too early? in Spain crash | 2017 Spanish Grand Prix Valtteri Bottas says he braked ?too early? in the first-lap collision at the […]
- 2017 Monaco Grand Prix track preview | 2017 Monaco Grand Prix Did Anthony Noghes imagine, when he mapped out the course for the first Monaco […]
- Renault takeover ?exactly what Toro Rosso needs?
2015 Malaysian Grand Prix
Toro Rosso team principal Franz Tost says he would welcome a rumoured takeover of the team by Renault. The French engine manufacturer ran its own Formula One team between 1977 and 1985 and again between 2002 and 2009. Since then it was remained active in F1 as an engine supplier and enjoyed multiple championship successes with Red Bull, but it is now being tipped to return as a full constructor. […]
- Red Bull ?to pay more? for Renault engines in 2016 | F1 Fanatic Round-up In the round-up: Red Bull are expected to continue using Renault engines next […]
- Alonso hoping for ?extreme F1 car? in 2017 | F1 Fanatic Round-up In the round-up: Fernando Alonso hopes the regulation changes for 2017 will […]
- Team mate stats: Who?s ahead halfway through 2015? | 2015 F1 season Half of the season is behind us and the driver market for 2016 is beginning to […]
- 2015 Russian Grand Prix qualifying in pictures | F1 Pictures Pictures from qualifying and final practice for the 2015 Russian Grand Prix. […]
- Top ten pictures from the 2015 Russian Grand Prix | F1 Pictures Ten of the best pictures which tell the story of the 2015 Russian Grand Prix […]
- Telegraph goes digging for dirt on rivals
The Telegraph has responded to claims its editorial coverage was influenced by advertisers by seeking some dirt to dish on its competitors. It appears rather than focus on its own reputation the Telegraph has taken the unusual decision to try to just drag others down too. On Friday The Telegraph claimed the Guardian is now “facing questions” over claims it changed a story about Iraq, as a result of a stipulation […]
- MERRY CHRISTMAS & THANK YOU Hello! Just a quick MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU all. 2015 has been a fabulous […]
- Not another letter to the Telegraph! Earlier in the election campaign the Conservatives and the Telegraph worked […]
- Honest Trailer: Leprechaun It?s St. Patrick?s Day! Time to kiss the blarney stone and relive cinema?s […]
- Cool Art: Steampunk Guardians of the Galaxy ?You?re welcome, old chap!? A fantastic steampunk version of the Guardians of […]
- Cool Short: Therefore I Am A mysterious encounter between a man who claims to be from the future and […]
- Easy (Pirate) Cork Boats
Here is a super cute and quick little craft fr you ? cork and rubber band boats. These are ridiculously easy and quick to do and yet are so cute and fun AND really float well. Once you start making these easy cork boats, you will soon find yourself with a whole regatta of them!!!! We started off making colourful sails and then moved on to some of these pirate […]
- Bug TP Roll Crafts for Kids Bug TP Roll Crafts for Kids - Red Ted Art's […]
- Summer Bookmarks ? Corner Bookmark Designs Summer Bookmarks - Corner Bookmark Designs - Red Ted Art's […]
- Minion Crafts ? Corner Bookmarks Minion Crafts - Corner Bookmarks - Red Ted Art's […]
- 35 Butterfly Crafts Now, my kids adore butterflies, and each year we get our own set of […]
- 3D Paper Shamrocks Aaaaah, I confess, we don?t have many St Patrick?s Day crafts here on Red […]
- ?I?m unfollowing you, get back in the kitchen, why are you interested in local politics??
Last night, I attended the final Full Council meeting in Southend before the elections being held on the 5th of May. I started writing this blog almost five years ago now, and it started as a local political report, from thew public galleries of the Civic Centre, in response to a stalwart Conservative councillor claiming on the front page of the Southend Echo that ?Druggies, Drunks And Single Mums Are […]
- Aubergine and lentil vindaloo (VEGAN) Tonight, after a few weeks of new-veganism, I knocked up this hottie in my […]
- The BBCs #GreatBritishTakeOff. This blog is free and always will be. In light of the BBC announcement that they are removing a lot of their […]
- Corn Bread Muffins, 10p each I?ve made corn bread about nine times this year and every time I do I think […]
- Cooking On A Bootstrap: BOOK THREE needs YOUR help! Well hello my wonderful readers. It?s been a year since my last cookbook […]
- Chillaf aka Chilli Pilaf, 50p (VEGAN) (MICROWAVE) Chillaf. Silly name but hey, we all need a little more silliness in our […]
- 10 Metal Albums That Shouldn’t Have Been Great (But Totally Were)
Sometimes you see a band announce a new album that will be hitting shelves soon and secretly, in the depths of your mind, there’s a tiny voice nagging at you, saying “It’ll be terrible, you know that, right?” Whether it’s because of very public in-fighting in the band, a recent change in line-up, the success (or lack thereof) of the last record, or some combination of the three, sometimes metal […]
- The Walking Dead: 10 Best Deaths So Far Anyone who has ever watched The Walking Dead knows that death occurs as often […]
- How seriously should you treat your blog stats? Oooh, this is dangerous statement! Are you part of the vanguard that probably […]
- Between The Chasm And The Quake: Putrefaction By Adam Smith on June 12th, 2015 at 6:00 pm. Share this: Facebook Twitter […]
- 8 Rock & Metal Bands That Drastically Switched Genres A band?s genre is a huge part of their artistic identity. It can define not […]
- Horizon Zero Dawn Explained: What Does The Ending Really Mean? Sony What an outstanding year for games 2017 has been, almost as though every […]
- Grenfell, the Sleeping Beauty of Heritage Brands
Grenfell, the heritage luxury brand, was founded in 1923 by the Haythornthwaite family in Lancashire and began as a ?wonder-fabric?, a cotton gaberdine cloth, developed specifically to meet the outerwear needs of explorer and missionary doctor, Sir Wilfred Grenfell who?s pioneering pushed for a fabric to suit extreme form and function, he agreed to lend the fine cloth his name. Over the following decades Grenfell was worn by British Royalty, […]
- 150 years in the making ? Grenson?s new luggage collection Better known as one of the best British, heritage Footwear brands, Grenson […]
- Take it easy on yourself ? ABOUT Loungewear An underwear and Loungewear brand isn?t the first thing that springs to mind […]
- You?ll Wish you were here ? Harry Stedman Harry Stedman set sail for a true life of adventure. A Merchant seamen on the […]
- This ain?t no cover version ? Tudor?s Heritage Black Bay ?Black? Tudor Watches, a stable mate company of Rolex, left the UK market, some twelve […]
- Manor has made big gains since Barcelona ? King | 2016 F1 season Manor test driver Jordan King says the team made significant progress with […]
- 10 Wrestling Promo Masters Who Never Needed A Script
Nobody told CM Punk what to say. WWE.com The WWE?s PG-era has been criticised for many things. The pure in-ring quality of the wrestlers may have increased over time, but wrestling is about so much more than simply what goes on between the ropes. Weak storylines, bland characters, poor booking; areas which were all unquestionable strengths of the company during the 1990s and early 2000s have fallen so far in the […]
- 8 Things WWE Can Learn From Star Wars: The Force Awakens Then. Now. And a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away? wwe.com In the […]
- 10 Worst Moments Of WWE?s ECW Revival ?Change the channel!? Clap, clap, clap-clap-clap. ?Change the channel!? […]
- 10 WWE Superstars You Didn?t Know Had World Title Matches The machine is behind Roman, isn?t it? He?s being shoved down our throats. […]
- WWE 2K18: 10 Leading Contenders To Be Cover Star There are a number of milestones that every single member of the WWE Universe […]
- 25 Most Revealing WWE Instagram Posts Of The Week (27th Dec) Basically, Christmas makes everyone goofy. Instagram After last week?s Raw […]