A big part of attending BritMums Live is coming away inspired. At #BML16 ? with the theme of Create. Connect. Collaborate ? we?re featuring Julie Creffield, a blogger, author, entrepreneur and plus-size athlete who inspires us professionally and personally. We?re certain you?re going to feel the same way.
Julie is on a mission to get 1 million overweight and inactive women running. In 2005 she joked that if London were awarded the Olympic Games she would run the Marathon in 2012. Of course it was and she kept her word despite at the time being a size 22 and unable to run for even 30 seconds.
Since then she has competed in hundreds of races, including 2 further marathons and Tough Mudder, billed as the toughest obstacle course on the planet.
Through her blog The Fat Girls Guide to Running she inspires thousands of women from all over the world. Her Too Fat to Run campaign challenges perceptions about health for larger ladies, moving the conversation away from its focus on weight loss and instead towards activity and wellbeing.
- Julie is an ambassador for Race for Life, and is currently supporting women training for the UK?s first women-only marathon and half marathon.
- Julie works as a consultant with England Athletics helping to improve the offer for female runners via the #ThisGirlCan campaign
- Julie is currently developing her virtual 5K #OneBigFatRun into an actual event series in the UK, where plus-sized runners can come and take part in a 5K without the pressure of coming last or having to run the whole way, whilst sharing their experiences via social media
- Julie worked with ITV?s This Morning Show on a feature called Run for your life, which saw Julie coach 3 ladies who had never run before in preparation for their first 5K
- Winner of the 2015 Running Awards best blog
- Shortlisted for a Women in Sport ?Encouraging Participation? 2015 award
- Nominated for a Cosmo 2014 Woman of the Year award
- Shortlisted for a UK Blogging Award 2014 in the ?Health & Fitness? category
Look for Julie on the main stage inspiring us all.
BritMums is the UK’s largest parent blogger collective. We offer bloggers the latest support, advice and how-tos as well as feature great content on food, travel, relationships, health, charities, crafting and much more. Our social network is free to join and helps bloggers connect with others; our BritMums Pro programme connects bloggers with brands on our high-quality projects and our annual conference, BritMums Live, is the blogging event of the year.