If Charlie Austin proves too expensive, will Diafra Sakho move north?
Newcastle United could turn their attention from one London-based striker to another ? with West Ham United?s Diafra Sakho now reportedly on their radar.
Although Queens Park Rangers forward Charlie Austin remains the Magpies? primary transfer target, the Daily Mail claim Newcastle are also monitoring Sakho?s situation at Upton Park.
A £4 million acquisition from French side Metz in the summer of 2014, Newcastle had scouted Sakho for several seasons but were unwilling to meet that pricetag 12 months ago.
Stephen Pond/PA Wire
The 25-year-old three-cap Senegal forward netted 12 goals in just 26 appearances for the Hammers in 2014-15 but Slaven Bilic is looking to recruit his own forwards after taking charge in east London this summer.
Newcastle remain interested in West Bromwich Albion?s Saido Berahino as well as Austin, but they could be put off if those two English talents become the subject of a Premier League bidding war.
Ironically, West Ham appear to lead the race for Austin?s signature now, and it could be the QPR forward?s arrival that allows Sakho to move to the North East.
New Magpies head coach Steve McClaren is hoping to sign Wolfsburg striker Bas Dost for around £9 million, and Sakho could soon partner him on Tyneside.
Between 2009 and 2014, Sakho netted 44 goals in 114 league games for Metz before moving to West Ham.
CLICK HERE to view Newcastle United?s 12 Most-Important Premier League Fixtures In 2015-16.
For all the latest NUFC News, Views and Transfers make sure to follow whatculture.com/NUFC on Twitter and Facebook.
- NUFC May Be Without Papiss Cisse Until Next Season The striker?s seven-game ban is almost over but he is struggling for […]
- Newcastle United 0-1 Borussia Mönchengladbach ? Player Ratings Did Mbemba, Wijnaldum and Mitrovic impress during their St James? Park bows? […]
- Newcastle In Four-Way Battle For 21-Goal Hitman McClaren has been linked to yet another of his former charges. Stephen […]
- Newcastle 6-2 Norwich ? Player Ratings David Nelson Sports Photography Did that really just happen? A free-flowing […]
- 10 Shocking Newcastle United Departures That No One Saw Coming Who knows what could have happened if some of these guys had stayed at the […]
- Thom Browne’s School Days – Thom Browne & The Woolmark Company [embedded content] American designer Thom Browne has been building up quite the reputation for himself over the last couple of years. He began his business with five suits and with a small by-appointment-only shop in 2001 and introduced his ready-to-wear collection in 2003. His traditionally based hand-made suits have evolved into collections recognised by museums around the world including the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum, the Victoria and Albert […]
- Avez-vous l?heure, s?il vous plaît ? ? Briston Watches New to the timepiece industry, Briston?s was first stocked in Colette, Paris, […]
- Milan Menswear Shows Hightlights ? Autumn/Winter 2015 If someone said to you we need a show to really kick Milan Mens Fashion Week […]
- The Buyer?s Guide to Spring 2015 ? Thom Scherdel ? TheIdleman.com In the overcrowded and highly competitive world of e-commerce, there?s a new […]
- Stylish, Durable and Lasts a Lifetime ? The Trakke Luggage Collection The appreciation and love of craftsmanship is something definitely on the […]
- Listen to Radiohead?s Bond Theme for SPECTRE If you have seen SPECTRE you will know that Sam Smith did the theme song. […]
- 10 Things We Learned From Twin Peaks: The Return Part 9
Normal service has resumed. After the mind orgy of Part 8, with its visual art origin story, we return to both the modern day and a traditional narrative mode. “Normal”, of course, is the snarky punchline here. In this – a plot-heavy hour of television in which your hand is held with an avuncular comfort (maybe even at times a stern grip) by the two old masters – they still […]
- Own S.T.A.L.K.E.R.? Get It Free And DRM-Free From GOG By Emily Gera on April 5th, 2015 at 4:00 pm. Tweet this [embedded […]
- Their arms ache but are not empty Louise is a full time mum and a part time neonatal nurse, here she shares […]
- Thinking of applying for Britain?s Hardest Grafter? Read this first. TwentyTwenty productions are looking for applicants for a new television show […]
- Watch the Rick and Morty Season 2 trailer ?Wubadubadubdub? Rick and Morty are heading back to this dimension with a […]
- Farage tries to deny his own remarks on abolishing race laws [embedded content] Having been filmed claiming UKIP would abolish race […]
- Poetry and Prose Roundup ? Inspiring October
Hello, hello, welcome to the BritMums Poetry and Prose Roundup! Do come in from the cold ? would you like a cup of tea? I?ve just lit the fire and there?s a plate of biscuits waiting? Yes, it?s October, the temperature is dropping and the nights are drawing in. Although there is a teeny bit of melancholy that comes with this time of year, I have to admit to feeling […]
- Superdog: Fallout 4?s Dogmeat Can?t Die By Jem Alexander on June 17th, 2015 at 7:30 pm. Share this: Facebook Twitter […]
- 20+ Beautiful Leaf Crafts Oh how I do love AUTUMN!! Though of course the spring and summer months are […]
- Coping with two under two Celia Anderson has been there and got the t shirt, now she shares some of her […]
- Positively Inspirational Round-up: Confidence, body shapes & growing older What a wonderful medley of posts I have for you this month, you really cannot […]
- Poetry and Prose Round-Up: March Madness Welcome to March and the latest poetry and prose round-up. How has your year […]
- Ickerman ? Drive meets Blade Runner in this cool trailer
Taking place in a futuristic megalopolis where new technologies and virtual reality are ruling society, ICKERMAN is an original story following a nostalgic teacher obsessed with 35 mm films and old cars. After a string of disturbing events, he falls into his imaginary world and starts acting like the characters he admires to deliver his best friend from the guru of this digital era. Raphaël Hernandez and Savitri Joly-Gonfard are […]
- ?Shall we play a game?? WarGames is getting an interactive digital short Interlude and MGM Television today announced they are partnering to create an […]
- #BML17: Facebook for Bloggers with Natasha Courtney-Smith We?re delighted to announce that Natasha Courtney-Smith will speak at BritMums […]
- #BML16: What every parent needs to know about the Dark Net Who?s afraid of the big bad ?net? Should we be? Most of us inhabit an online […]
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens ? 10 Major Questions From The New Trailer First of all, JJ, how dare you? Lucasfilm Imagine how exciting it must have […]
- Sharktopus vs Whalewolf ? Dare you watch the teaser trailer? Just when you thought they couldn?t come up with any more fish / mammal […]
- Rainbow Colour Hunt ? Rainy Day Activity
So? some of you may know that I LOVE Instagram.. and the other day, the kids and I where having a bit of ?photo fun?? we went on a ?colour hunt? around the house and started photographing the things we could find.. oh it was so much fun to see how many different things of the same colour we could find. I then popped our ?Pink Colour Hunt? onto Instagram and […]
- Rainbow Butterfly Cork Crafts Welcome back to more crafty fun! Today, we have an adorable little cork […]
- 3D Paper Shamrocks Aaaaah, I confess, we don?t have many St Patrick?s Day crafts here on Red […]
- Honest Trailer: Leprechaun It?s St. Patrick?s Day! Time to kiss the blarney stone and relive cinema?s […]
- Orange is not the only Fruit ? But it might be the Colour of the Season, Our Kid For all his swagger, bravado and pure Yeah let?s ave it ! Our Liam has […]
- My Favourite St Patrick?s Day Recipes Top of the MORNING to ya! I love St Patrick?s Day, me, and not just because of […]
- Pets Round-up: Treating your pet & celebrating special occasions
Photo credit: The Dog Photographer, Shutterstock Britmums bloggers know how to celebrate, and that extends to their pets too! So whether you?re looking for inspiration for a birthday party for your four-legged friend or some gift ideas for their birthday, or a special treat just to let them know you love them, then look no further. I?ve rounded up my favourite DIY canine treats, so if you?re feeling handy or […]
- Pets Round-up: Summer holidays Photo credit: The Dog Photographer, Shutterstock Well it?s been a busy time […]
- DIY Pinata Heart We are on to the next of our very special 31 Days of Love guest posts. Today […]
- #NepalNow : A recycling centre that makes a difference Bishnu sorts bottles Bishnu?s hands work fast. She grabs a plastic bottle […]
- How are you a Football Mum of the Year? As a nation we love football. As parents we support our children playing […]
- The 25 Best Puzzle Games Ever Made By John Walker on May 8th, 2015 at 10:00 pm. Share this: Facebook Twitter […]
- F1 has ?fundamental? problems ? Kaltenborn
F1 Fanatic Round-up
In the round-up: Sauber team principal Monisha Kaltenborn says the financial problems teams continue to struggle with is evidence of fundamental problems in Formula One. Links Your daily digest of F1 news, views, features and more from hundreds of sites across the web: Kaltenborn: Something fundamentally wrong in F1 (Crash) “If you try to explain to people out there the kind of income the sport generates ? and it has, […]
- Manor moves a step closer to F1 return | F1 Fanatic Round-up In the round-up: Manor, which competed in F1 last year as Marussia, has […]
- ?I have never been fitter?, insists Kubica | F1 Fanatic Round-up In the round-up: Robert Kubica has insisted he is fitter than he ever was […]
- Hamilton ?undoubtedly? at Senna?s level ? Lowe | F1 Fanatic Round-up In the round-up: Lewis Hamilton?s former engineer Paddy Lowe rates him […]
- Button ?very excited? by McLaren gains | F1 Fanatic Round-up In the round-up: Jenson Button says the progress McLaren have made with their […]
- German teams ?wrong to leave F1? in 2009 ? Marchionne | F1 Fanatic Round-up In the round-up: Ferrari president Sergio Marchionne believes BMW and the […]
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
Along with goal-line technology and racism, diving – or “simulation” as the rules of the game would rather less colourfully have us call it – has yet again been one of the biggest buzzwords of this past season. It seems that regardless of how much money you plough into a football team, the one thing you cannot guarantee is honour, and players who come in to top-level teams with £20 […]
- Cardboard Cousins: The Best Tabletop Simulator Mods By Dominic White on April 30th, 2015 at 7:00 pm. Share this: Facebook Twitter […]
- I?m a BIG BOY now, I?ll be on my way ? BIG BOY Grooming range It?s time to finally grow up and to become a ?Big Boy? as Sicilian grooming […]
- Annabel Croft gives a preview of #TennisforKids #ad Annabel Croft, the former British tennis champ and broadcaster, has played […]
- The RPS Bargain Bucket: Bunny You Didn?t Guess That By Cassandra Khaw on April 18th, 2015 at 4:00 pm. Share this: Facebook […]
- Winning The Election One Bullet At A Time: Not A Hero By Ben Barrett on March 2nd, 2015 at 12:00 pm. Tweet this [embedded […]
- Lobby journalists and undecided voters call it for Miliband
If viewed as an expectation game, there can be no question that Miliband triumphed tonight. First up, the lobby: Miliband very weak on borrowing but he survived the character stuff and fought back with humour. He gets a clear win overall ? Tim Shipman (@ShippersUnbound) March 26, 2015 Polling will be interesting. Em had the best of that, but DC had record to defend. Studio Audience turned against Paxman ? […]
- ?Independent research? underpinning Tory attacks is written by former party staffer There can be no complaints about think tank wonker Adam Memon when it comes […]
- The Media Blog’s Election Watch: Part 1 It?s going to be a very long election campaign. There are 90 days to go and […]
- 10 Worst Decisions Hollywood Has Made In 2016 (So Far) There's a lot to love about the grand dream factory that is Hollywood, but […]
- The Sunday Papers By Graham Smith on February 22nd, 2015 at 11:00 am. Tweet this [embedded […]
- WAR! What is it good for… Keen to preserve their sales momentum and convince readers the drama of the […]
- Preview of the Premium Retailers for Autumn 2015
Continuing with our essential round up to what our favourite retailers will be tempting us with as the Autumn collections start to hit our high Streets over the coming weeks. We look to the Premium end of the High Street. As we?ve said on many occasions here at Clothes-Make-the-Man we are spoilt with our high Street style retailers from the value end of the market right the way through to […]
- Street Style: LCM Day 1 Friday marked the first day of London Collections Men, and creatives in the […]
- Ask the Experts ? Top Autumn Buys The weather mightn?t know what to do with itself at the moment, but one […]
- Hare today – M&S & Kestin Hare M&S &? is the latest initiative from the truly British retail giant. […]
- 5 Buyers and their Favorite brand for Autumn 2015 As the long shadow of Autumn looms in the distance, we decided to embrace the […]
- A tounge twister if I ever heard one Oi Polloi x Klättermusen by Elliott Parsons Back in 1984, Peter Askulv created the outdoor company that HE needed. A brand […]