If you?re currently bum-sliding your way through newly-ported shooter Vanquish [official site] on a high-end rig then you might be finding it tougher than you expected.
Don?t worry, your reflexes haven?t slowed overnight ? the PC version is actually harder than the designers intended it to be. An eagle-eyed NeoGaf user called .:Wesker:. seems to have has spotted a bug in the port that ties the amount of damage you take directly to your frame rate.
So, if you?re playing on higher specs, or on lower settings, you?re actually taking more damage than somebody whose game is running like a slideshow.
If fits in with what Alec said in his review, noting that he ?died a lot in Vanquish (on normal difficulty)?, which could become frustrating.
Take a look at the evidence below: the first gif shows the game at 30 FPS and the second at 60 FPS. Notice how quickly the screen turns red, which is an indication that you?re nearly dead. Top sleuthing on .:Wesker:.?s part.
Bizarre, although not without precedent. A similar thing happened with weapon durability in Dark Souls 2 when it was ported to PC. The higher your frame rate, the quicker your weapons degraded.
That bug took a year to fix, but let?s hope that Sega and porting house Little Stone Software can get Vanquish sorted a bit faster than that.
Vanquish is still worth playing, then, just maybe turn the difficulty down a notch. Or leave it where it is, you masochist.
- You can own David Bowie?s Omikron: The Nomad Soul for free ?I have many things to tell you and very little time I come from a universe […]
- Star Wars: Restitution Commando By Alec Meer on May 14th, 2015 at 6:00 pm. Share this: Facebook Twitter […]
- Platinum?s Vanquish rocketslides onto PC Hold onto your butts! If you don?t, they?ll fall off as you rocketslide […]
- Have You Played? Dungeon Keeper 2? By Alec Meer on March 16th, 2015 at 3:30 pm. Tweet this [embedded […]
- Dark Souls II: Scholar Of The First Sin Prices And Upgrades By Alice O'Connor on March 28th, 2015 at 3:00 pm. Tweet this [embedded […]
- Food Round-up: Strawberries
Photo credit: Dragon Images via Shutterstock Please allow me to introduce myself? I?m Claire and I?m your new BritMums Foodie Round-up Editor taking over from Kirsty Phillipson-Lowe who has done a sterling job. I?ve been blogging my Edible Scottish Adventures at www.foodiequine.co.uk since 2012 and I?m a mum of two currently battling through their teenage years. Enough with the introductions. Time for the main event ? the recipes! Can you believe […]
- Food Round-up: Barbecue Photo credit: Dragon Images via Shutterstock I can?t believe that we?re in […]
- Food Round-up: Recipes for St Patrick?s Day Photo credit: Dragon Images via Shutterstock Hello, and welcome to this […]
- This Is England (A ?f***-you UKIP cooking series) Shit son, food just got political again. I?ve been in a sort of personal hell […]
- Don?t Throw That Away! An A-Z of leftovers, tired veg, etc and what to do with them. This piece started after an article in the Independent about the top 10 foods […]
- BritMums Live Keynote: Deliciously Ella We?ve got big news about BritMums Live. We?re thrilled to announce Friday […]
- The Dr will see you now ? Dr Martens Inspired latest Collaborations
We haven?t heard much to note from the iconic British footwear brand Dr Martens of late, deciding to take their foot off the paddle when it comes to great Design lead Collaborations. Since the like of their amazing partnerships with the likes of A.Sauvage, RAF Simons and Yohji Yamamoto. But boy are they coming back with a bang for this season, first up they have launched a tie up with […]
- White Lines ? 6 of the Best White Designer Trainers WORDS BY HARRY BRADBURY White sneakers/trainers, ohhh whatever, are no longer […]
- ASK THE EXPERTS ? CREATIVE DIRECTORS TOP AUTUMN BUYS Yes that?s right, everyone?s heading off on their Summer holiday, the weather […]
- YEEZY Landing ? YEEZY X Adidas hits stores If the designer and creator of this collection could do anything about today […]
- Nordic workwear ? Norse Projects S/S16 Collection Editor ? Keanu Adorable Danish creative studio, Norse Projects, work at the […]
- Grenfell, the Sleeping Beauty of Heritage Brands Grenfell, the heritage luxury brand, was founded in 1923 by the […]
- Caption Competition 100: Alonso and Gutierrez
Fernando Alonso and Esteban Gutierrez survey the scene after their race-stopping crash in the Australian Grand Prix. What did the pair have to say to each other? That?s for you two work out in this week?s Caption Competition. Post your funniest suggestion in the comments below. A selection of the best will feature in a future edition of the F1 Fanatic Round-up. Caption Competition Browse all Caption Competitions These are […]
- Caption Competition 129: Verstappen in the cockpit | Caption Competition Was Red Bull?s Spanish Grand Prix upgrade not everything Max Verstappen was […]
- Caption Competition 125: Bottas and Rosberg | Caption Competition Valtteri Bottas is ready to pick up where Nico Rosberg left off at Mercedes. […]
- Caption Competition 92: Renault comeback edition | Caption Competition Renault is returning to Formula One so for the first Caption Competition of […]
- Gutierrez handed five-place grid penalty for Wehrlein incident | 2016 Belgian Grand Prix Stewards have awarded Esteban Gutierrez a five-place gird penalty for […]
- Alonso taken to hospital after test crash | 2015 F1 season 2015 F1 season Fernando Alonso has been taken to hospital following a […]
- 35+ Great School Egg Decorating Competition Entries
Soooo? it is THAT time of year again.. the time of year, when schools around the country (here in the UK ) are hosting either their Easter Bonnet Decorating competitions or their Egg Decorating competitions (or both!). My kids? school hosts an Egg Decorating competition and Red Ted has been entering the third year running (his batman & robin didn?t win!). It has taken us this long, to realise that the […]
- Mr Men Egg Decorating It is that time of year again ? the kids have their School Egg Decorating […]
- Easter Egg Roll Activity Easter Egg Roll Activity - Red Ted Art's […]
- Easy 4th July Cookie Decorating Activity for Kids Easy 4th July Cookie Decorating Activity for Kids - Red Ted Art's […]
- Egg Carton Easter Bunny Time for some more Easter Crafts for kids and all ages!! Today we have some […]
- Easy (Pirate) Cork Boats Here is a super cute and quick little craft fr you ? cork and rubber band […]
- Advantage Nadal ? Rafael Nadal X Tommy Hilfiger for TH BOLD
The recent U.S. Open in New York on the hottest of hot days saw the launch of new New Tommy Hilfiger fragrance, TH Bold and the announcement of The King of Clay, Rafael Nadal, as the face and body of the brand?s underwear and suiting ranges. The Majorcan tennis ace and winner of 14 Grand Slam singles titles, a record 27 ATP World Tour Masters 1000, and 15 ATP World Tour […]
- Carven out quite an impression ? Carven Fragrances Vetiver is a plant with multiple roots anchored deep in the ground. They […]
- The Ultimate Man ! ? YSL L?Homme Ultime Ask anybody to name a Fashion house and it up it won?t be long before, even […]
- Rocket League: Watch Finale Of MLG?s First Tourney I?ve just finished catching up on the grand final of MLG?s first North […]
- Buon Compleanno Acqua di Parma As we know Acqua di Parma has long been a key player on the luxury market, in […]
- TEXTUAL CONVERSATION ? JONNIE PEACOCK PT2 Well the 31st Olympics is well and truly underway in the colourful Brazilian […]
- Review: Chappie ? ?A stoner robot sequel to Spring Breakers?
I detested Chappie. Absolutely loathed it. So much so that as big a major cinephile as I think I am (easily as big as Michael Bolton), I?ve been telling people not to see it. I didn?t even do that for Bad Boys 2 or Transformers 4. The thing is, I?ve got as wrapped up in the Alien 5 news as everyone else. So much so that I went in thinking […]
- Premature Evaluation: Streets of Rogue Every week we send Brendan out to the slums of early access to see what […]
- Horizon Zero Dawn Explained: What Does The Ending Really Mean? Sony What an outstanding year for games 2017 has been, almost as though every […]
- Rive Long And Prosper; Die Soon And Admire Explosions By Shaun Green on February 8th, 2015 at 9:00 pm. Tweet this [embedded […]
- Arts & Culture round-up: The cruellest month TS Eliot wrote that April is the cruellest month. But I reckon the toughest […]
- Review Round-Up: The home edition Goodness me, how is it almost the end of March already? It?s been decidedly […]
- Have You Played? Shovel Knight?
By Richard Cobbett on August 12th, 2015 at 3:00 pm. Share this: Facebook Twitter Reddit Have You Played? is an endless stream of game recommendations. One a day, every weekday of the year, perhaps for all time. Shovel Knight [official site] is one of the few retro platformers that?s made me feel I was in front of my NES/SNES again. I?ve missed that. Better still, I no longer have to […]
- Have You Played? Audiosurf? By Graham Smith on March 18th, 2015 at 3:30 pm. Tweet this [embedded […]
- 11 Things We Learned From Tokyo Game Show 2016 Sony/Ubisoft Thanks to the proliferation of social media and high quality […]
- 10 Best Boss Battles In Final Fantasy History – Ranked 2017 marks the 30th anniversary of the long-running and much loved JRPG […]
- Settlement Builder Kingdom Due For Release In October The ?indie renaissance?, for want of a less-hackneyed descriptor, of the past […]
- 20 Biggest WTF Moments In Assassin’s Creed History Assassin?s Creed may offer a plethora of exotic locations for players to […]
- 10 Science Myths You Probably Still Believe
WhatCulture Look, there’s a lot of science out there, so perhaps it’s understandable that not everybody can be 100% right all of the time, but there are certain myths and misconceptions out there that, despite being roundly and decisively debunked, adamantly refuse to die. Most of us know that the internet is not to be trusted, but we generally trust our parents and teachers to give us the right information. […]
- 10 Kids Activities YouTube Channels You MUST subscribe to Today! Some of you may have noticed that I have gone a little YOUTUBE crazy […]
- DIY Wedding Card for Kids to their Teacher (Love is?) Soooo our lovely Reception teacher is getting married!! Woohoo. I do love a […]
- Papers fudge sweet tooth truth about MPs The Daily Mail and Sunday Times are trying hard to be appalled about the […]
- Corn Bread Muffins, 10p each I?ve made corn bread about nine times this year and every time I do I think […]
- Feed a Family of 4 for less than £9/week: Dinnertime Starting with a Sunday roast and breaking it down into leftovers the way my […]
- Thinking of applying for Britain?s Hardest Grafter? Read this first.
TwentyTwenty productions are looking for applicants for a new television show that has been described as ?Benefits Street meets The Hunger Games?. Are you thinking of applying for the chance to win that staggering £15,000 sum? Here?s what you should know first ? and I am probably doing myself out of ever getting another job in television by writing this article but you know what? Fuck it. Because I wish […]
- #BML17: Facebook for Bloggers with Natasha Courtney-Smith We?re delighted to announce that Natasha Courtney-Smith will speak at BritMums […]
- The Pipwick Papers By Philippa Warr on February 8th, 2015 at 2:00 pm. Tweet this [embedded […]
- Linky: I?m going to BritMums Live 2015 The countdown has begun! BritMums Live is just around the corner, the schedule […]
- Finance Round-up: A Budget for all Photo Credit: Denis Vrublevski, Shutterstock Last week we had the last ever […]
- Newsquest student plan “devalues” journalism Newsquest's controversial plan to charge students to produce free content for […]
- People are L?estrange ? L?ESTRANGE LONDON
Everyone at some point in their lives has experienced that infuriating moment when you stand in front of a bulging wardrobe full of clothes and exclaimed, but I have nothing to wear, or words to that effect. Well please let me do you the pleasure of introducing you to the digitally native menswear brand L?Estrange London whose aim is to simplify the male wardrobe so that you can achieve more […]
- Boys in the Hood-ies ? Quemondo Once considered just sportswear, hooded tops can now be found in the chicest […]
- Two Brands that have Matching Values ? AMI?s EXCLUSIVE Range for MATCHESFASHION.com Jeez it?s all about exclusivity this week and Luxury retailers or e-tailers […]
- 6 Of The Best ? Striped Pieces WORDS KEANU ADORABLE Stripes are a classic and versatile pattern that can add […]
- Hare today – M&S & Kestin Hare M&S &? is the latest initiative from the truly British retail giant. […]
- Wardrobe Essentials ? The Denim Shirt Today sees the start of a new feature here at Clothes-Make-the-Man where we […]