Pirelli has repeated its call for more tyre testing ahead of a crunch meeting over F1?s tyre plans for the future.
The Italian manufacturer has been the official supplier of tyres to the world championship since 2011, during which time it has produced rubber which is designed to degrade in performance, producing more pit stops, at the request of Formula One management.
However drivers have become increasingly vocal in their complaints about not being able to drive as quickly as they can in order to preserve the rubber. There was also a spate of tyre failures during the 2013 championship and two more high-speed failures during last year?s Belgian Grand Prix weekend.
Next week?s meeting, which will take place at Pirelli?s headquarters in Milan, will be ?to discuss target tyre performance guidelines in the light of the 2017 regulations?. This could include a reappraisal of the current policy of creating ?designed-to-degrade? tyres.
?In 2017 the technical aspects will become even more complex, so Pirelli is even more convinced of the need to carry out more on-track testing,? the manufacturer said in a statement.
?This is a factor that has been extremely limited in recent years, despite the important evolution of the cars and subsequent increase in performance. All these are vital steps towards tyre development that takes into account the future evolution of the cars and added performance, which will be particularly notable in 2017.?
The Formula One Strategy Group has called for a performance increase of five to six seconds per lap next year, which is to be achieved by increasing downforce. However Pirelli has said this will not be possible with the current specification of tyres.
Three teams took part in a two-day test in France earlier this week to develop Pirelli?s wet weather tyres.
2016 F1 season
Browse all 2016 F1 season articles
- 2016 Belgian Grand Prix driver ratings | 2016 Belgian Grand Prix Nico Rosberg won the Belgian Grand Prix but it was a race which saw some […]
- Pirelli confirms ultra soft tyre debut for Monaco | 2016 Monaco Grand Prix Formula One drivers will use Pirelli?s new ultra soft tyres for the first time […]
- Pirelli continue with same tyre choices for next races | 2015 F1 season 2015 F1 season Pirelli will continue to use the same tyre allocations as […]
- Raikkonen and Wehrlein continue 2017 tyre tests | 2017 F1 season Kimi Raikkonen and Pascal Wehrlein have sampled Pirelli?s wider development […]
- 2016 Italian Grand Prix track preview | 2016 Italian Grand Prix Formula One plans to introduce an extreme new generation of cars in 2017. But […]
- Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 gets a new trailer
I have been sent the new trailer for Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2. Kevin James reprises the role of Paul Blart. The sequel sees the security guard is headed to Las Vegas to attend a Security Guard Expo with his teenage daughter Maya (Raini Rodriguez) before she departs for college. While at the convention, he inadvertently discovers a heist ? and it?s up to Blart to apprehend the criminals. Andy […]
- Arrow Season 4 Finale: 12 Big Questions We’re Asking After ‘Schism’ The CW Well, that's that. After a rather hit-and-miss season, Arrow Season 4 […]
- I Saw The Light gets a new trailer I Saw The Light is the new film that tells the story of the legendary country […]
- Watch Bob Odenkirk and David Cross in new trailer for W/ Bob & David Bob Odenkirk and David Cross have reunited for Netflix and are bringing us a […]
- Alonso will quit F1 if 2017 rules don?t let drivers ?push? | F1 Fanatic Round-up In the round-up: Fernando Alonso says he won?t look to extend his F1 career […]
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2015 season review | 2015 F1 season review As we say goodbye to 2015, enjoy every page of F1 Fanatic?s retrospective on […]
- Owlboy & Kentucky Route Zero in Humble Indie Bundle
Splendid games including Kentucky Route Zero, Ziggurat, and Owlboy are going cheap in the Humble Indie Bundle 18, launched last night. Humble have bundles coming out their bumdles these days but the Humble Indie Bundle is still their most prestigious and yeah, that?s a good-looking lump of games. As ever, the Humble Indie Bundle 18 is pay-what-you-want with its games across tiers, more unlocking as you pay more. Pay anything […]
- Have You Played? Dungeon Keeper 2? By Alec Meer on March 16th, 2015 at 3:30 pm. Tweet this [embedded […]
- The RPS Bargain Bucket: Bundles of Happiness By Cassandra Khaw on May 23rd, 2015 at 1:00 pm. Share this: Facebook Twitter […]
- Adam Driver & Kate McKinnon have a bite to eat in new SNL promo Adam Driver (Girls, Star Wars: The Force Awakens) is hosting Saturday Night […]
- Newcastle In Four-Way Battle For 21-Goal Hitman McClaren has been linked to yet another of his former charges. Stephen […]
- Dote Night: The Bouncers Of Smite By Philippa Warr on April 22nd, 2015 at 10:00 pm. Share this: Facebook […]
- Horror Channel to premiere Death Proof and Devil?s Playground.
Horror Channel is to broadcast the Network premieres of Quentin Tarantino?s DEATH PROOF, starring Kurt Russell as a speed-obsessed serial killer and Mark McQueen?s apocalyptic body-counter DEVIL?S PLAYGROUND, starring Danny Dyer, Craig Fairbrass and MyAnna Buring. DEATH PROOF (2007), originally released in cinemas as a double bill with Robert Rodriguez?s ?Planet Terror?, will be screened on Sat 28 March at 10.35pm. DEVIL?S PLAYGROUND (2010) will screen on Fri 27 March […]
- Kurt Russell: 5 Awesome Performances And 5 That Sucked One man. So much awesome. Weinstein Company Kurt Russell has the kind of CV […]
- Journey on the road to hell in new Southbound poster Genre cinema is an art fuelled by teamwork and nowhere is this more […]
- Chris Roberts Explains Star Citizen?s FPS Delay By Alice O'Connor on June 29th, 2015 at 12:00 pm. Share this: Facebook […]
- Will Quentin Tarantino Ever Make Kill Bill 3? No promises, but there have been talks? Miramax Quentin Tarantino has […]
- The Gallows ? New featurette gives us the Director?s story Jason Blum introduces Travis Cluff and Chris Lofing to audiences as they […]
- 10 Actors Who Could Be The Next James Bond
Eon Productions The dust on Spectre has finally settled and the eyes of the Bond loving world are turning towards Bond 25. And it’s looking a lot like Daniel Craig won’t be involved. Back with Casino Royale, Craig took on a character that looked dead in the water and somehow dragged him kicking and screaming into the modern age. While the quality of the subsequent films has varied, the legacy […]
- The real voice of James Bond If you thought that we heard Daniel Craig?s voice in the Bond films then […]
- Sweet Dejarik! Someone made an actual Star Wars Holochess table Always let the Wookie win. Okay, it doesn?t have the holograms from the film […]
- Lee Smith bonds with Sam Mendes over SPECTRE Much has been made of British filmmaker Christopher Nolan (The Prestige) being […]
- Tried and Trusted from Generation to generation ? NIVEA MEN CREME Our first memories of grooming and beauty products are, I?m pretty sure, of […]
- Ask the Experts ? Get your Game Face on for 2015 ? The Brotique Aside from getting your 5 a day, drinking plenty of water and getting enough […]
- Farage tries to deny his own remarks on abolishing race laws [embedded content] Having been filmed claiming UKIP would abolish race discrimination laws ? Nigel Farage has now spent all day denying he said anything of the sort. The camera doesn?t lie, though: Trevor Phillips: ?In UKIP land ? would there be a law against discrimination on the grounds of race or colour?? Nigel Farage: ?No.? In order to achieve that outcome he would have to amend or repeal the Equality Act 2010 ? the […]
- UKIP “at war” over Have I Got News For You Journalist Camilla Long offended UKIP by suggesting she had been to South […]
- UKIP ?straight talking timber merchant? is actually party official on EU gravy train Ahead of his speech today in Castle Point, Essex, Nigel Farage praised the […]
- Quote of the day: Noel Gallagher on Farage, Cameron and Thatcher The ageing but ever quotable rocker Noel Gallagher ? On Nigel Farage: He […]
- This Is England (A ?f***-you UKIP cooking series) Shit son, food just got political again. I?ve been in a sort of personal hell […]
- Monza ?closing on new seven-year F1 deal? | F1 Fanatic Round-up In the round-up: Monza could be about to extend its deal to host the Italian […]
- I?m a BIG BOY now, I?ll be on my way ? BIG BOY Grooming range
It?s time to finally grow up and to become a ?Big Boy? as Sicilian grooming & skin care brand BIG BOY finally lands in the UK. Drawing inspiration from its Sicilian origins and craftsmanship, BIG BOY artisan products combine rich, natural ingredients like Sicilian olive, almond oil and beeswax to create superior skin and hair care products that work in harmony with the natural elements of male skin. BIG BOY?s […]
- Shaving is an Artform ? Essential Shaving tools OK hands up who?s let the old shaving rituals fall be the wayside over the […]
- A traditional British Grooming Brand with a twist – Hawkins & Brimble Being the Official Grooming room partner to London Fashion Week, is a big […]
- Aesop?s Fables ? Aesop Grooming Brand Every week we bring you the best in all things grooming, and style of course, […]
- Moroccan Chicken and Almond Tagine This exotic warm and aromatic Moroccan dish will delight your dinner guests. […]
- Man üp ? Men-ü A different kind of grooming brand Graham Fish isn?t a name that you automatically associate with the Glamourous […]
- George R.R. Martin Presents ?Lil Game of Thrones?
- Watch the Rick and Morty Season 2 trailer ?Wubadubadubdub? Rick and Morty are heading back to this dimension with a […]
- Game Of Thrones: 5 Major Book Changes From ?The House Of Black And White? HBO Game of Thrones is a remarkably popular show. Over the four seasons that […]
- Game of Thrones? Jon Snow is a terrible dinner guest Kit Harington was on Late Night with Seth Meyers and they filmed a sketch […]
- Cool Mashup: Parks & Recreation meets Game of Thrones It?s the Game of Thrones / Parks & Recreation mash up you didn?t know you […]
- New Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. poster gives us Lady Sif Jaimie Alexander is set to return as Lady Sif in next weeks episode of […]
- Raw broccoli and courgette pesto, 17p (NUT-FREE) (VEGAN) ? Or ?How to smuggle as many greens as possible into the children?
Here greeny greeny greeny greeny things? And kids, if you?re reading this in years to come, I told you I was smarter than you? So, the two delightful four year olds in residency have both announced recently that they ?don?t want school dinners any more? ?because they make us eat lots of VEGETABLES.? News to me, this one, as they have both been fairly consistently good Vegetable Eaters throughout their […]
- Pickling leftover veg. Here?s something I do a lot, like my juicing-without-a-blender post last week, […]
- Bumps and Babies Round-up: Weaning Woes It?s been a month of ups and down. I started the month by writing a letter to […]
- Green juice-without-a-juicer, 45p With the events of the last two days, I have mostly been eating toast. […]
- Nature Crafts – Beach Drift Wood & Broken Shell Rattles It is time for NATURE CRAFTS!! As you may (or may not) know, my two most […]
- Penne Pappa al Pomodoro (VEGAN), 21p Penne pappa al pomodoro. Soaked bread crusts in tinned tomatoes are having […]
- A Solution to Summer Suiting whatever your requirements ? Canali
The Summer?s here, hopefully, as too is the season for formal events ! No doubt you have a gathering you need to dress up for, looming on the calendar, whether that be a Wedding, Prom, Ball etc. I don?t think there is one of us out there that doesn?t have a date in our diary that is preying on our minds like a impending sartorial spectre. One brand that can […]
- Dressing for a Luxury Holidaying Lifestyle ? Dan Ward Dan Ward, has built a lifestyle brand around the ethos of, ?Eternal Summer? It […]
- Somewhere only we know ? John Lewis Menswear The Department Store John Lewis is probably better known for their excellent […]
- One Love ? Camper One BEFORE Customisation is big business, no one wants to conform to some uniform […]
- Seven Storey Love Song ? Seven Feet Apart Sneaker brand Seven Feet Apart are a trainer brand with a difference, another one, well in […]
- Italians do it better ? Finaest.com A week doesn?t pass by when I don?t receive some sort of press release […]
- Plant Power ? Aveda Botanical Kinetics by Amanda Lewis
Are we allowed to be the tiniest bit bias at Clothes-Make-the-Man ? Well, if so Aveda does develop products that just not only smell great but work hard all whilst being full of natural plant and flower based ingredients. They certainly have managed to harness the power of nature into some pretty darn great skin care.Take these new Aveda Botanical Kinetics ? Intense Hydrating Soft Crème, Intense Hydrating Rich Crème […]
- Water, water everywhere and you need every drop ? Clinique for Men Maximum Hydrator Activated Water-Gel Concentrate We are continuously being told we need to hydrate more, no matter how relaxed […]
- Morphology ? The appliance of science ?to face preservation ? Lab Series MAX LS Age-Less Power V lifting Cream by Amanda Lewis OK we?ve told you all about LAB Series before, how they were the first male […]
- Clean as a Whistle ? 6 of the Best Body Washes for Men Words by Charlie Britton You?re probably curious as to why we?re listing the […]
- Your ESSENTIAL Guide to the Best Sun Protection products WORDS BY AMANDA LEWIS The Summer is finally here its official ! It might […]
- Arts & Crafts Round-up : Nature crafts Following on from last months Garden Craft round up I thought I?d extend the […]