Kevin Magnussen believes he can score Renault?s first points of the season as soon as he has a ?normal race?.
?I really want to get those first points on the board,? said Magnussen. ?Give me a normal race with no puncture and no penalty and I think we can do that.?
Magnussen picked up a puncture on the first lap of the Australian Grand Prix and finished 12th. In Bahrain he finished 11th having started the race from the pit lane.
He said it was ?pretty frustrating? not to have scored any points in the first two races.
?That?s how it is in racing sometimes, but we are very close so that does give motivation. The car feels really good. Of course, we want more downforce and more power, but show me a race driver who doesn?t ask for that.?
?Naturally I?m enjoying being back behind the wheel, pushing hard and overtaking, but you have so much work to do from the back that you can have a very strong race yet still finish in eleventh. If we start further up the order and don?t have a first lap incident good things can happen.?
However he warned the next track on the calendar won?t play to Renault?s strengths.
?We know our weaknesses and perhaps Shanghai?s not going to be the friendliest track for us in terms of these but I still think that if we have a good race we can challenge for points,? he added.
2016 Chinese Grand Prix
Browse all Chinese Grand Prix articles
- Elimination qualifying officially replaced by 2015 format | 2016 F1 season The FIA has confirmed the unpopular elimination qualifying format has been […]
- Alonso takes new power unit after crash | 2016 Bahrain Grand Prix Fernando Alonso will start the second race of 2016 with a completely new Honda […]
- Alonso hoping for ?extreme F1 car? in 2017 | F1 Fanatic Round-up In the round-up: Fernando Alonso hopes the regulation changes for 2017 will […]
- 2016 Belgian Grand Prix build-up in pictures | F1 Pictures Pictures from the build-up to the 2016 Belgian Grand Prix. eEsteban Ocon […]
- Roberto Merhi to make F1 race debut for Manor | 2015 F1 season 2015 F1 season Manor has confirmed Roberto Merhi will make his F1 race […]
- Years in the making ? Lou Dalton X Jaeger
Leading light of British Designer Menswear, Lou Dalton has teamed her expertise with Premium British clothing brand Jaeger to create an exciting collection of outerwear pieces. These two stylish entities have come together to combine their practical philosophy and sense of adventure to produce a collection that puts functionality at the forefront. Taking inspiration from and revolutionising Jaeger?s enviable heritage, including design features from the archive collection, and items worn […]
- Somewhere only we know ? John Lewis Menswear The Department Store John Lewis is probably better known for their excellent […]
- Back to the Pack ? 6 of the best ? Backpacks for this Summer WORDS BY AMANDA LEWIS In the fast paced hustle of urban and country life a man […]
- Universal Works X Norman Walsh -the City Runner Project ? A highly desirable footwear offering We here at Clothes-Make-the-Man don?t make any bones about our love for […]
- FIFA 17 Demo: 10 Hands-On Impressions You Need To Know Eagerly anticipated by football fans around the globe almost as much as […]
- Raikkonen?s start may have lost victory ? Ferrari | F1 Fanatic round-up In the round-up: Ferrari team principal Maurizio Arrivabene says Kimi […]
- Doctor Who Series 9: Who Are The Hybrids And What Does It All Mean?
Who are the suspects and what does it mean for the Doctor? BBC Doctor Who series nine is almost at the end; we?ve had the return of Missy, Davros, Osgood, a Zygon invasion, ghoists stalking an under water base, Viking versus aliens and highwaymen. Many are arguing that series nine ? or 35 for the purists ? is the best series in years and with moments like the Doctor?s speech […]
- Honest Trailer: Interstellar ScreenJunkies turn their attention to Christopher Nolan?s Interstellar. […]
- 10 Things That Prove Doctor Who Really Exists BBC The Doctor is a legend woven through time. But what if he actually is? I […]
- Cleansing, an alien concept ? Clinique for Men NEW Charcoal Face Wash and Sonic System Deep Cleansing Brush The idea of a regular grooming routine for some men is a complete alien […]
- Doctor Who Series 10: 7 Big Questions After ‘Thin Ice’ Thin Ice follows the well-established convention of taking the new companions […]
- Wot I Think: Cosmic Express Here it is! The space game review you?ve all been waiting for on this, Monday […]
- 6 OF THE BEST ? ALTERNATIVE SUNGLASSES FOR SUMMER
Words by: Keanu Adorable It?s suns out and shades out season, as we approach the hot summer days and nights, please, please, please as the newspapers are predicting. One accessory that all men must have are cool shades. Here at clothesmaketheman, we are used to showcasing the big names when it comes to eyewear, so for this edition we decided that we are going to take a look at alternative […]
- 6 of the best ? Sunglasses Brands You Might Not Know Words by Charlie Britton Sunglasses are most definitely a seasonless […]
- 6 of The Best ? Summer Swimshorts by: Keanu Adorable Let?s admit it, this summer hasn?t lived up to it?s name, […]
- Street Style: LCM Day 1 Friday marked the first day of London Collections Men, and creatives in the […]
- The Legendary Father’s Day Gift Guide in Association with M&S Jeez its come round again, the one day of year set to celebrate those hard […]
- 6 Of The Best ? Striped Pieces WORDS KEANU ADORABLE Stripes are a classic and versatile pattern that can add […]
- Working Mums Round-up: Organising your working week
Photo credit: startupstockphotos.com via Pexels A warm welcome back to my working mums round-up and a big thank you to all of you who took the time to read the March round-up. If you missed it, then you can catch up here. How was your month since we last spoke? Can you believe that we are actually almost at the end of April already?! I know I can?t. The whole month seems […]
- Are you struggling working from home? Photo credit: Photographee.eu via Shutterstock Many of us now work at home. […]
- Teen & Tween Round-up: Alcohol & survival Would you believe the Teen and Tween Round-up has been going for a whole two […]
- Milk Carton Woven Basket Craft Today, we would like to show you how easy and simple it is to turn a plastic […]
- 2017 Spanish Grand Prix Predictions Championship results | F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship With two big names colliding at turn one and two Force Indias appearing in the […]
- The Flash: 3 Name Shortlist Emerges For Iris West Warner Bros. With Suicide Squad coming to cinemas soon, Dc cinematic universe […]
- Have You Played? Shovel Knight?
By Richard Cobbett on August 12th, 2015 at 3:00 pm. Share this: Facebook Twitter Reddit Have You Played? is an endless stream of game recommendations. One a day, every weekday of the year, perhaps for all time. Shovel Knight [official site] is one of the few retro platformers that?s made me feel I was in front of my NES/SNES again. I?ve missed that. Better still, I no longer have to […]
- Have You Played? Audiosurf? By Graham Smith on March 18th, 2015 at 3:30 pm. Tweet this [embedded […]
- 11 Things We Learned From Tokyo Game Show 2016 Sony/Ubisoft Thanks to the proliferation of social media and high quality […]
- 10 Best Boss Battles In Final Fantasy History – Ranked 2017 marks the 30th anniversary of the long-running and much loved JRPG […]
- Settlement Builder Kingdom Due For Release In October The ?indie renaissance?, for want of a less-hackneyed descriptor, of the past […]
- 20 Biggest WTF Moments In Assassin’s Creed History Assassin?s Creed may offer a plethora of exotic locations for players to […]
- The BBCs #GreatBritishTakeOff. This blog is free and always will be.
In light of the BBC announcement that they are removing a lot of their recipes from their website, I will be publishing all of my recipes in full on http://www.cookingonabootstrap.com over the next few days. This includes 220 recipes from both of my books and around 100 more Guardian recipes. There are also recipes from Waitrose Kitchen and Sainsburys, the Daily Mirror, restaurants I have consulted for and others that […]
- Aubergine and lentil vindaloo (VEGAN) Tonight, after a few weeks of new-veganism, I knocked up this hottie in my […]
- Choux pastry hearts I first made choux pastry last summer, in the kitchen at Blackfoot, in Exmouth […]
- BBC Good Food 25th birthday party, and I won a thingy. Photo taken by Kerstin Rodgers, aka MsMarmiteLover. A few weeks ago I […]
- If you didn?t get a Kickstarter copy of Cooking On A Bootstrap? I am very very very proud to announce that Bluebird (part of Macmillan) will […]
- Chillaf aka Chilli Pilaf, 50p (VEGAN) (MICROWAVE) Chillaf. Silly name but hey, we all need a little more silliness in our […]
- I was at BritMums Live 2015! Add your post to our Linky
How are you feeling today after such a fabulous BritMums Live? Personally I am still not back to normal, I?m still trying to process all of the tips, advice and information I took on board over the two days but I am on such a high, it?s really quite exhausting. Well done to everyone who took part in the Guinness World Record attempt of wrapping the most mummies in three […]
- BritMums Live 2015: We laughed, we cried, we mummified BritMums Co-Founder Jen chatting with Deliciously Ella. We?re still coming […]
- Linky: I?m going to BritMums Live 2015 The countdown has begun! BritMums Live is just around the corner, the schedule […]
- #MyWisdom Twitter chat: Sharing words of wisdom for Remember a Charity Week Remember A Charity has a simple message: It wants people to remember a […]
- BritMums Live 2015: How successful bloggers do it This year at BritMums Live, we?re introducing a new type of session, one that […]
- BritMums Live 2015: Turning Pitches Into Profit Would you like to win paid work with your favourite brands? Wouldn?t you love […]
- Wot I Think: Afghanistan 11
Let?s see if I can get through this without using the W word. Afghanistan 11 is a w****** (history-steeped military strategy game with influential terrain and plausible, reality-derived unit relationships) but it would be a tragedy if w******* (habitual users of history-steeped military strategy games with influential terrain and plausible, reality-derived unit relationships) were the only people who ever stumbled into its quicksand. The W word, especially when used in […]
- Rock, Paper, Shotgun – PC Game Reviews, Previews, Subjectivity Rock, Paper, Shotgun - PC Game Reviews, Previews, SubjectivityPremature […]
- Card Hunter Coming To Steam With Co-op And NotShodan By Cassandra Khaw on July 4th, 2015 at 10:00 pm. Share this: Facebook Twitter […]
- Skylanders Birthday Party Cake So? this year?s ?thing? among the boys in Red Ted?s class is SKYLANDERS. I […]
- Surrealist Exploration RPG: A House Of Many Doors I?ve been waiting for A House of Many Doors [official site] to arrive on […]
- 10 Severely Underrated RPGs You Need To Check Out There?s more to RPGs than just witchers and nuclear wastelands, you know? […]
- 5 BUYERS AND THEIR FAVORITE BRAND FOR AUTUMN 2016
Summer days are faded into dark grey clouds and light mornings are beginning to be replaced by dark gloomy ones. Yes Autumn 2016 is on its way. But, it?s not all doom and gloom as this gives us the opportunity to ditch those flip flops and short and start wearing knitwear and jackets. Rather than dreading the new season, let us celebrate it. So we have sort the advice and […]
- 5 Buyers and their Favorite brand for Autumn 2015 As the long shadow of Autumn looms in the distance, we decided to embrace the […]
- 15 Most Criminally Underrated Video Games Of 2016 (So Far) From the mountaintops of Uncharted 4 to the dilapidated underground of The […]
- The Best of British & Irish Design – YMC x Padmore & Barnes Hold on one cotton picking second there, Clothes-Make-the-Man, don?t be trying […]
- ASK THE EXPERTS ? CREATIVE DIRECTORS TOP AUTUMN BUYS Yes that?s right, everyone?s heading off on their Summer holiday, the weather […]
- Lumo ? The Cycling brand that wants you to be ride with style by Keanu Adorable The popularity of cycling has skyrocketed the past few years, more and more […]
- Palio ? Trailer for documentary on the oldest horse race in the world
Picturehouse Entertainment and Altitude Film Distribution have released the first international trailer for the highly anticipated Palio ? a new film documenting the thrills, spills, ambitions and corruption that characterize one of the world?s oldest and most exhilarating events. Following its world premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival, PALIO will be released in UK cinemas on Friday September 25th, the trailer is released to tie-in with the 2015 August Palio, […]
- Dear White People ? New poster and trailer The unexpected election of activist Samantha White (Tessa Thompson) as head […]
- Neo and Morpheus are together again on the set of John Wick 2 What if the world of John Wick is just another version of The Matrix?! […]
- New High-Rise Trailer Is Here To Creep You Out ?What are you doing in there?? Film4 Now that, people, is how you cut a […]
- Wardrobe Essentials ? The Denim Shirt Today sees the start of a new feature here at Clothes-Make-the-Man where we […]
- Judge Verstappen and Sainz after second season ? Key | F1 Fanatic Round-up In the round-up: Toro Rosso designer James Key says it will be more useful to […]